Del Piero: I have no regrets about Juventus - Informohu
Headlines News :
Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Tag

Ads

Tung

Tung

Text 2

Home » » Del Piero: I have no regrets about Juventus

Del Piero: I have no regrets about Juventus

Written By Bessi on Friday, November 2, 2012 | 9:40 PM


The former Bianconeri captain, who left the Turin club after 19 years, talks about his time there, his eventual departure and looks ahead to his new challenge at Sydney FC.

Alessandro Del Piero has insisted that he has no regrets after leaving Juventus for Sydney FCover the course of the summer.
The 37-year-old received a warm farewell from the Bianconeri faithful on his final appearance for the side after a 19-year career, which he now reveals affected him emotionally.
"What happened in Turin in my last game at Juventus touched me deeply. I tried to remain detached but I  knew it was important to realize I achieved my dreams," he told the Corriere della Sera. "I don’t want other controversies. I’m happy with everything I've done, zero regrets. Decisions must also be respected and then count the present, not the past."
The 37-year-old went on to say that he is a totally different person on the pitch to when he is at home with his family and feels obliged to be a role model for younger people.
"On the field I'm a son of a b***h: I’ll do anything to win. Then when I go home I play with my children. I protect my private life.
"I feel the responsibility of being a role model for young people, as were my idols for me. I think it's fair to give a positive example."
He went on to speak about how his father's death was a torrid time for him which affected him both on and off the pitch due to the feeling of helplessness.
"In 2001, when my father died. It was a very difficult moment for me both personally and professionally. I have all the money in the world and I cannot do anything for his incurable disease. It put everything in perspective for me.”
The veteran forward has made a steady start to life in the A-League, and is focused on improving and pleasing the local fans.
"Living in Australia makes me enjoy different things. Even in Sydney people come to the stadium to see me score and win."/goal.com

Share this article :

0 komente:

Speak up your mind

Tell us what you're thinking... !

Na Ndiqni ne Facebook

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger
Copyright © 2011. Informohu - All Rights Reserved
Original Design by Creating Website Modified by Adiknya